Advanced Tissue Repair
The ideal ENT Surgical Reinforcement Graft for otology repair (e.g. Myringoplasty, Tympanoplsty, Mastoidectomy) nasal repair (e.g. nasal septal perforations) and facial reconstruction.
- Relaiable closure – with closure rates of 83-100% reported in literature
- Excellent handling – easy to manipulate allowing for high levels of precision during placement
- Time saving – reduces the need to harvest autologous tissue
Biodesign is a platform technology behind numerous tissue-repair products that span multiple medical specialties. Biodesign is natural extracellular matrix (ECM) derived from porcine small intestinal submucosa (SIS). The ECM is a complex latticework of proteins and structural molecules that helps guide the growth of cells.
Cook’s proprietary processing methodology decellularizes the SIS material while preserving natural matrix molecules such as collagen, proteoglycans, and glycosaminoglycans. The result is a scaffold that, when implanted, provides a location for host cells to infiltrate and remodel into vascularized tissue.
Ideal material for tympanic membrane repairs and septal perforations
Further details are available via the Biodesign family brochure, that is available here
Please contact us for more information info request.
• Alexander NS, Chaaban MR, Riley KO, et al. Treatment strategies for lateral sphenoid sinus recess cerebrospinal fluid leaks. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012;138(5):471-478.
• D’Eredità R. Porcine small intestinal submucosa (SIS) myringoplasty in children: a randomized controlled study. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2015;79(7):1085-1089.
• James AL. Endoscope or microscope-guided pediatric tympanoplas-ty? Comparison of grafting technique and outcome. Laryngoscope. 2017;127(11):2659-2664.